Wednesday 20 April 2011

Questioning and Critical Thinking

The Stranger
Questioning and Critical Thinking
Tanasha Kardeo

1.      What evidence is there that Meursault didn’t care about his mother?

2.      What background information does the reader receive about Meursault from reading the first 3 lines?
3.      “I have fixed up with my employer for two days’ leave; obviously, under the circumstances, he couldn’t refuse still I had an idea he looked annoyed and I said without thinking; “Sorry Sir, but its not my fault, you know” (Camus 4)
      What does this quote reveal about Meursault?

4.      What was Meursault attitude toward the Warren when he first met him in the home where his mother was staying?

5.      Warren: “She had good friends here, you know old folks like herself, and one gets on better with people of ones own generation. You’re much too young; you couldn’t have been much of a companion to her”.
Meursault: “That was so. When we lived together, mother was always watching me, we hardly ever talked” (Camus 5)
How can you relate that to teenagers in society today?

6.      “It occurred to me that somehow I’d got through another Sunday that mother now was buried, and tomorrow I’d be going back to work as usual. Really, nothing in my life had changed” (Camus 17)
                  What is the significance about this quote?

7.      Raymond invited Meursault to have wine and black pudding. What do you think were his original intentions?

8.      Why did Raymond want Meursault to write the letter?

9.       Is there a possibility that Meursault may end up be thrown in jail along with Raymond?Explain



No comments:

Post a Comment